Colonial Insurance Terms and Conditions of Sale & Special Terms & Conditions
The "Site" is an Easy service owned and operated by Colonial Insurance Pty Ltd.
Please read these Easy Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site. By using the Colonial Insurance Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you choose not to be bound by the terms and conditions, Colonial Insurance does not grant you the right to use the Site and you must not use this Site.
Colonial Insurance may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase through this Site after the terms and conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
Greenslips are sold by Colonial Insurance as agent (intermediary) for the greenslip insurer ("CTP greenslip insurer") responsible for the relevant greenslip. ALL CLAIMS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CTP GREENSLIP INSURER AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Colonial Insurance HAS NO LIABILITY TO YOU.
Your Duty of Disclosure.
Before you enter into a Contact of General Insurance with an Insurer, you have a duty under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 to disclose to the Insurer every matter that you know, or could reasonably be expected to know, which is relevant to the Insurer's decision whether to accept the risk of Insurance and if so, on what terms. You have the same duty of disclosure to the Insurer before you renew, extend, vary or reinstate a Contract of general insurance.
- Your duty however does not require disclosure of any matter:
- hat reduces the risk to be undertaken
- hat is of common knowledge
- hat the Insurance Company knows or in the ordinary course of its business ought to know
- hat we indicate we do not want to know
If you are not sure that something is relevant, it is best to disclose it anyway.
While the Insurance Contracts Act does not apply to Compulsory Third Party Insurance, the deliberate provision of inaccurate information when purchasing a policy can result in the cancellation of the insured vehicle's registration.
If you fail to comply with your duty of disclosure or provide inaccurate information about your vehicle registration and/or persons that may drive it you hereby irrevocably authorize us and/or the affected Insurer to charge extra premium and applicable fees to the credit and/or debit and/or any other payment method that you used in order to remit us or Insurer for the order submitted.
Failure to provide accurate information when entering a Contract for insurance may mean the insurer is entitled to reduce the liability under the Contract in respect of a claim or may cancel the Contract. For General Insurance, if your non-disclosure is fraudulent, the insurer may also have the option of voiding the Contract from its beginning.
General Terms and Conditions.
- The following conditions are for sale of greenslips (including any resale or subsequent assignment)
- No refund or exchange on any greenslip except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the greenslip insurer. If a refund is made, Colonial Insurance may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
- Issuing of greenslips may be refused if correct registration information is not supplied. In case of refusal, Colonial Insurance will fully refund any payment made towards a refused greenslip.
- Customers must allow adequate time for delivery of greenslips electronically or otherwise. Methods of delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details.
- GST will apply to all goods and services supplied through this Site. Prices in this Site include GST where applicable.
When you ask us to recommend an insurance policy for you, we will usually only consider the policies offered by the insurers or insurance providers that we deal with regularly. In giving you advice about the costs and terms of recommended polices we have not compared those policies to other policies available, other than from those insurers we deal with regularly.
- You have a duty to disclose all relevant information that may affect the greenslip insurers assesment of the risk and the associated premium that they will charge for the greenslip. This duty of disclosure includes your responsibility to notify us of any errors you notice in the documentation at any time before, during or after you register your vehicle.
CTP prices are subject to change.
Please be aware that quoted prices may change within the period of your quote. This is due to Insurers' prices changing continually throughout the year.
It is possible that you may receive a quote, and then a few hours later the price may change before you have purchased your CTP Greenslip.
Despite our best efforts to update your quote before you pay for your CTP Greenslips, there will be occasions when you will be asked to pay an additional amount. This can be due to differences in the timing of the prices changes on the Insurers' system and Colonial Insurance receiving notification from the Insurers.
Given that there is a statutory requirement that CTP Greenslips can only be sold for the authorised amount as published, you will be asked to pay the additional amount before your CTP can be processed.
Greenslip Processing Times.
Although we attempt to complete the processing of your greenslip promptly, there are times that this will not be possible due to events outside our control, i.e. internet service unavailable, incorrect Information supplied, mismatches with information currently stored at the RTA and greenslip insurer etc. When these happen, we will make all attempts to contact you to keep you informed to the progress of your greenslip using your supplied email address or any other contact details provided by you.